Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Shin pain/rash
Trista Kellman    8:06pm May 21 2018

Hello all,

I used to belong to this site and canít seem to access my previous account so hereís some background: I broke my left tib/fib in September 2011, had surgery for an IM nail with 4 screws (broke in a horseback riding accident a couple of inches below the knee)and minimal problems since. Until recently anyway. In the center of my left leg I thought I was developing shin splints. Iíve experienced pain, it has gone from occasional to frequent and persistent. Itís like a dull ache, but a good 3-4 inches below where the bone was broken. In addition, Iíve now developed a slight rash over the place on the bone that hurts. If I touch it sometimes itís warmer, not always. The rash is not especially red,more like a soft pink oval of raised skin- somewhere between goosebumps to razor irratation (but itís not, it has lasted too long) and the color of it comes and goes, though the texture reminds. I know the obvious thing to do is see the dr, but my ortho is in Rochester NY and Iím now living in VT so I have t wait for referrals etc. in my spare time Iím googling which is bad.

Has anyone experienced this before? Could it be arthritis (but not in a joint??).

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Shin pain/rash  new
Trista Kellman  8:06pm May 21 2018
 Re: Shin pain/rash  new
Caryn  6:14am May 22 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
16 July 2018