Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

broken screw
Mindy Levitt    7:35pm Apr 24 2018

Five years ago this month I was mowed down by an inattentive SUV driver; lucky to survive and I sustained a trimalleolar ankle fracture and a broken fibula, 3 screws in ankle. I went through 14 weeks of immobilization in a cast, then boot and a year of physical therapy. And later on, I danced at my children's weddings. So there is a life after this! You just have to get there.
I have bad luck in April: I just fell down the steps and the ankle with the screws took the brunt. I'm grateful to say that no bones were broken, but one of the screws is broken. PCP wants me to see the orthopedic surgeon. All surgeons seem to say that it"s "minor surgery," but as everyone in this discussion knows, no surgery is minor. Please share with me your experience of having a screw removed. What is the recovery period like? How long did you need a walker or crutches? I am grateful for all info you can share. And for those of you immobilized in casts, I wish you comfort and strength. Take care.

Mindy Levitt

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

broken screw  new
Mindy Levitt  7:35pm Apr 24 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 July 2018