Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Learning to walk again
Ange    8:50am Apr 5 2018

Update

Up to 50% now, just had first PT Appt. She was happy with the movement I do have, and gave me more exercises to do. They are mainly to work on ankle flexibility, but also some to do to 'train' my brain into being able to walk on my injured ankle without the boot.

The first time she had me sitting and putting pressure on my injured ankle with the boot off - I literally couldn't bear down on it. My brain just wouldn't let me! All my weight was leaning on my non injured side too, even while sitting.

Its amazing how much you have to fight your natural instincts in order to heal. 3 days into it, I can now press a lot harder with the boot off.

Getting a lot of extra pain, but bones have to be used in order to grow, so I'm putting up with it. It really us nothing compared to what I was going through at the start.

I'm working on my steps phobia too - handling them better now with only a wee bit of fear. I don't want to let them win :)

Hope you all are having good days

trimalleolar fracture 22 Jan 18
Surgery 30 Jan 18 - 2 plates and 13 screws
Fiberglass cast nwb
NWB In Walker Boot 28 Feb 18
Starting 25% WB 19 Mar 18
Starting 75% wb and one crutch 11 Apr 18

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Learning to walk again  new
Ange  1:14pm Mar 27 2018
 Re: Learning to walk again  new
Ange  8:50am Apr 5 2018
Caoimhin  11:37pm Apr 9 2018
Ange  9:54pm Apr 10 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 September 2018