Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Learning to walk again
Ange    1:14pm Mar 27 2018

Hi everyone,
Been 25% weight bearing with crutches (axillary) now I'm moving onto 50 %. Pain during walking is surprisingly good. Only felt a few aches so far. Though I have so much hardware I think my ankle could walk itself :)

I'm still terrified of steps. I think its because I tripped up a step on my deck which caused me to lose balance & fall off the deck and break my ankle in the first place. But I have this irrational fear I'm going to fall again. When I crutch up a step I'm hyper aware of where the crutch goes, my hop up is always good, but the fear is still there.

I'm in a small self contained house, my lounge is like 3 metres sq. When do I ditch the crutches and try limping around instead? In a way I think I'd handle steps better too without the crutches. My crutches went splat on a wet day outside a month ago, so I'm also working with a fear of them going splat again too :)

Mind games are fun and I'm working to counteract all this. The stability of my ankle is helping a lot, but I'm interested when others took this 'step' and your experiences

trimalleolar fracture 22 Jan 18
Surgery 30 Jan 18 - 2 plates and 13 screws
Fiberglass cast nwb
NWB In Walker Boot 28 Feb 18
Starting 25% WB 19 Mar 18
Starting 75% wb and one crutch 11 Apr 18

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Learning to walk again  new
Ange  1:14pm Mar 27 2018
 Re: Learning to walk again  new
Ange  8:50am Apr 5 2018
Caoimhin  11:37pm Apr 9 2018
Ange  9:54pm Apr 10 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 September 2018