Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: 3 months post op; knee pain when I walk... Hardware removal?
Lauren Mikles    9:03pm Jan 8 2018

Ingot 2 screws taken out 6 months after initial surgery (nearly 3 weeks ago.) My knee feels much better! Screw removal is generally an easy surgery. Especially since the head of the nail is so close to the skin. You will start to see that knee nail more as the swelling goes down. Glad I got mine taken out. As for the pain, youíre just going to have to deal with it and pray it goes away soon. Unfortunately youíre not very far into recovery. Youíve got a good year before you start to feel normal. But the pain went away for me around the fifth month. My knee still doesnít feel quite like a knee. Honestly the leg feels foreign. But Iíve got a long way to go too. Just donít worry. This is all normal. Everything will be better in time. I donít feel like you have any kind of complication. Hope this helps. I wouldnít recommend getting the rod out in the future unless it bothers you.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

3 months post op; knee pain when I walk... Hardware removal?  new
JayDM  2:05pm Nov 14 2017
 Re: 3 months post op; knee pain when I walk... Hardware removal?  new
Kasia  9:01am Nov 16 2017
 Re: 3 months post op; knee pain when I walk... Hardware removal?  new
Lauren Mikles  9:03pm Jan 8 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 October 2018