Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Broken Ankle and didn't know it?
Heather L    12:41pm Aug 12 2011

Has anyone broken a leg or ankle bone without knowing it? To make a long story short, I eversion sprained my ankle about a month ago and didn't realize that I had broken bones until this week. Yesterday's x-ray confirmed a fracture of the distal fibula, posterior malleolus of tibia and ligament disruption that is displacing the ankle joint mortise.

(Read the long story here: http://www.mybrokenleg.com/diary/heather3/)

Since it has started to heal in a displaced position can they still fix it or did I wait too long to get medical help? Am I going to have a permanent disability? Curious/nervous about what the outcome may be...

I'm seeing an ortho next week, but I'm getting concerned now. I've Googled everything I can think of, but I can't find any instances of someone walking around on a broken ankle for weeks like I did. I'd just like to know if anyone has had a similar situation. Seems that everything I read is about people who knew they had broken bones and setting and/or surgery was practically immediate. I'd appreciate your help and advice.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken Ankle and didn't know it?  new
Heather L  12:41pm Aug 12 2011
 Re: Broken Ankle and didn't know it?  new
ASR  1:25pm Aug 12 2011
Heather L  1:31pm Aug 12 2011
ASR  2:22pm Aug 12 2011
Katie34  5:07pm Aug 12 2011
MommaBear  5:07am Aug 14 2011
Heather L  10:24am Aug 14 2011

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
25 July 2014