Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

detected with disuse osteopenia
jayita (115.242.81.---)   1:34am Oct 14 2010

hi,

this year june got trimaleollar ankle fracture witha dislocation. had to undergo surgery with plates and screws inserted in the ankle.was on cast for 8 weeks.was doing nonweight bearing walking.simultanously was undergoing physiotherapy.started walking with full weight bearing after 14weks from the day of surgery with crutches. now have started walking with one crutch.now my ankle pains and swells a lot whikle walking with one crutch. i limp a lot.yesterday had gone for X-ray of the ankle. in the report they have mentioned '' disuse osteopenia''. is it very normal after any kind of fracture? in the internet they have mentioned the cause of it as less activity of the concerned part.my parents scolds me that i shud walk more. but my problem is whenever i walk more my ankle swells and i get unbearable pain. i m really frustrated.what is the remedy? already i m having calcium rich food.everyday i am doing ankle exercise 20 counts 4 times a day.
how does it normally takes for any kind of fracture to heal?

i m very grateful to the members of this sites as it actually helped me alot in motivating and making me realise that it's not only me who is going thru this pain.i can open up my heart and share my feelings without any fear of getting scolding from anyone.
i m not blaming my parents for scolding as they are actually doing a lot for me. i know even they are very tensed and worried. but somewhere they don't understand me. they want a fast recovery. but i cannot make them understand its not in my hand. even i want a fast recovery but i can't force myself and i m helpless.

jayita

j. bhattacharjee

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

detected with disuse osteopenia  new
jayita  1:34am Oct 14 2010
 Re: detected with disuse osteopenia  new
Jen E  5:03am Oct 14 2010
Anne-Marie  6:31am Oct 14 2010
suzyw  8:03am Oct 14 2010
Shannon1266  7:56pm Oct 14 2010

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
25 October 2014