Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

I got it -- the vacocast.
Naomi    3:17am Apr 28 2010

So, some of you may have noticed that I had been mildly obsessive about the vacocast. I was gunning to get out of my fiberglass cast (was coming up on 16 weeks) and saw the vacocast as a way to get into a boot more quickly. By the time I cleared it with my OS and got it ordered and delivered, I only cut maybe 10 days off my fiberglass cast misery, but it was worth it. And it's probably more comfortable than the standard ortho boot -- tho' I had it on too tight the first time and pinched my skin, but have figured it out now. My OS said that it's more supportive than than the darths. It's also great to have some ROM - it allows 10 - 0 - 10 and that feels so so good.

So... now walking smoothly without crutches and I slept like a baby! (Of course, after nearly four months in a cast, you all can imagine the ickiness I found on my foot and leg!) All in all, a positive report on the vacocast!

01/03/10 spiral tib fx + fib fx, splint in ER, hospital admission
01/05/10 knee-length cast, NWB
01/19/10 reduction with wedge
02/16/10 short cast, NWB
03/26/10 large fracture gap:( new cast, WBAT :)
04/27/10 vacocast and no crutches!
06/22/10 FREE

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

I got it -- the vacocast.  new
Naomi  3:17am Apr 28 2010
 Re: I got it -- the vacocast.  new
nikkernakers  7:19am Apr 28 2010

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
17 August 2018