Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Broken tibia and fibual/fixed with titanium rod + 3 nails
burak (71.94.177.---)   9:19pm Apr 22 2008

Hello,
On January 28, I broke my left lower leg just 3-4 inches below the ankle and had a surgery next day. Right after the surgery, following up next week doctor told me to put 40% of my body weight to the injured leg, and maybe sometimes I did put more. For one and a half month I was with the crutches and feeling maybe a little cocky I started using a cane putting most of my body weight to my right side. It felt really sore and painful following days and switched to the crutches again. On April 1st, doctor gave a walking boot and told me to use cane, crutches with it if necessary. Some times I don't even use the cane, and it feel fine. It just depends on the day... Last 2 3 days, without anything I can walk and really don't feel pain at all. Of course I am still scared to go outside and walk all day, but just walking around the house with small steps, it feels fine...

So, my question is if I still need the walking boot etc. Should I try to go around without it? Has anyone gone through a similar case and what was the recovery periods? My next appointment with the doctor is on May 15.

Thanks a lot

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken tibia and fibual/fixed with titanium rod + 3 nails  new
burak  9:19pm Apr 22 2008
 Re: Broken tibia and fibual/fixed with titanium rod + 3 nails  new
burak  10:05pm Apr 22 2008
DRH  10:12pm Apr 23 2008
burak  10:59pm Apr 23 2008
Andrea R  10:13pm Apr 22 2008
burak  10:42pm Apr 22 2008
Lynda  8:12am Apr 23 2008
 "thinking about calling him tomorrow" - ?  new
Joan L.  1:45pm Apr 23 2008
 Re: "thinking about calling him tomorrow" - ?  new
burak  3:13pm Apr 23 2008
 Re: "thinking about calling him tomorrow" - ?  new
Joan L.  8:18pm Apr 23 2008

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
21 October 2014